12/15/2016

Wonderful Wednesday - December 14, 2016

I've discovered a new approach to my blog - writing about the day after it has happened!  How inventive of me!!!!!  LOL


Wednesday night I went to the movies!!!!!!  I rarely go the show but this one was special -  White Christmas was playing at the Tivoli in Downers Grove. I've attended this special holiday show a few times in the past but this year I really noticed many details that I missed in the past.  Here's a few ... Danny Kaye's animated face stole the show for me.  I don't know how Bing Crosby could keep a straight face!  Also the sister's dance that the guys did was totally improvised and thrown in at the last minute - thanks to trivia on IMDB.  The color mustard green must have been a favorite because it was used a lot.  Rosemary Clooney seldom wore a necklace with any of her outfits.  The ladies wore great bracelets and earrings.  

Edith Head did the costumes for White Christmas and that gives you a hint at just how marvelous every outfit looked! Here's Vera Ellen in a great outfit!!!!   






Edith must have gone out and purchased every yard of red velvet she could find - scrumptious!  I always get goosebumps at the closing number!

 







It also turned out to be the funniest movie but for the wrong reason - the audience!  There was a family in attendance that really should have watched the show at home or at an earlier time.  They took up three rows and not because there was a lot of them but because they felt the need to use two to three seats to lounge, eat meals and constantly change seats.  Every two minutes someone had to go the lobby with big clunking boots.  At first it was annoying but after a while it was hysterically funny because the adults with this group were really miffed that the kids didn't like the movie so they shared the pain of the people that really wanted to watch the movie.  THEN I had a lady behind me that kept clearing her voice by coughing constantly!   THEN with only 10 minutes left in the movie a woman arrives with the usher and strolls down the aisle (almost running into the clomping boots family) to locate someone.  She finds them. Usher leaves.  She runs back to get the usher and then runs back again.  THEN with 5 minutes left in the movie a woman wearing a sparkly elf hat arrives to also locate a seat.  I couldn't help it - I started laughing!  My friends thought I was losing it until they connected with what I saw.  

I've never had such a good time at a movie for all the wrong reasons!

No comments: